Friday, January 22, 2010

Short Wave Listening Alive and well

 
 

Sent to you by Sparkie via Google Reader:

 
 

via QRZ Forums by KA4EET on 1/22/10

I went to our small local hamfest over the week and had my Call letter badge on. While walking around, someone came up to me and asked me about good listening antennas for his Kenwood rig. I told him that it depended on space, money, and bands...but gave him some good ideas. He then asked me how my family is and my daughter's new job...also...how my wife likes retirement. I said....did we talk before? he said no..."I don't have a ham ticket"..."I am a shortwave listener" and I monitor you on two meters very often. He then proceeded to tell me about all the other hams he listens to on other bands. I said..."with your interest in short wave listening, you should get a ham ticket". He said he is way to shy to talk over the air.
He seemed like a nice enough gentleman.:o

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: