Sunday, April 18, 2010

More Pretties For You

 
 

Sent to you by Sparkie via Google Reader:

 
 

via Tom's Astronomy Blog by Marian on 4/14/10

While getting an author's permission to use his photo on the blog, I visited his site and found some truly amazing work.  The author, Daniel Lopez, very nicely gave me permission to use any of his photos on the blog, and I wanted to show you some of the outstanding images he's created.

Rayo Verde - Daniel Lopez

Daniel has several progressive shots of this green flash.  That glowing horizon with the uniform burnt sky and landscape must have been something to see.

Conjunction of Saturn and the Moon 01/03/07 - Daniel Lopez

Now here I spent so much time staring at the Moon with my mouth hanging open, I almost didn't see Saturn (at 8:00 o'clock) in this shot.  I had to shrink the image to fit the blog, of course, but it enlarges!

05/04/07 "lenticular sombrero teide" - Daniel Lopez

Look at how bright the landscape is with that clear star field.

07/02/07 gorro teide - Daniel Lopez

I can almost smell the air in this shot.

nubes flecha, Oct 09 - Daniel Lopez

Can you imagine standing there looking at this?

Teide sombrero - Daniel Lopez

This will take you to Daniel's site, and…
This link will take you to an animation of a total lunar eclipse Daniel put together.  NICE!

I'll be linking Daniel to this post, and he's agreed to answer any questions you have about his work.  Daniel says he doesn't speak English well, and asks your patience.  I found his English to be excellent, by the way.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: